Monday, February 13, 2012

Baby girl is already bugging out

Last week my wife called me while I was in my shop working. I pick up the phone knowing she just left her latest OB appointment. I didn't think of anything else but to hear the usual positive feedback she got from her doctor. I envisioned her just saying "the doctor said everything was fine and we are on track".

The voice that came from the other end was trembling and suffered the cracks of someone crying. "papi, the baby is breeched" she said. I had this sinking feeling and the only thing that came out of my mouth was "what, what you mean". I emotionally went to such a horrible place. I didn't know why but it was this horrible feeling of dred. I was nervous, sad, emotional and just had to take a deep breathe.

I understand being breech isn't a big deal to many people but when you hear your baby isn't where it's supposed to be, well, it's just a small taste of what is to come. I'm a completely new father. I don't have all the answers, methods, ideology, or simple concepts of how to father. I am merely relying on instinct and a sense of what is right.

We are headed to a few more appointments and now it's going to be just hoping to everything holy that this little girl will turn around and point the head down. Today I joked with my wife that perhaps I should do the "peoples elbow" and drop it on the top of her tummy to convince that baby of where she gotta go.

As usual, stay tuned for more of my musings.



Fish Vargas

No comments: